Stovetop potpourri is an easy and natural way to make your home smell amazing in minutes, and your home more cozier. They’re also great last minute gifts you can put together quickly.
Below are some of our favorite recipes this holiday season. They will definitely set the mood and make your home smell like Christmas.
HOW TO MAKE.
- Fill pot with 3 – 4 cups of water.
- Add ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat.
- Add more water when needed.
TIPS FOR MAKING POTPOURRI.
- Simmer on stove for an hour or so.
- To reuse — Allow to cool, then refrigerate with lid between use and add water when ready to warm on stove again.
- You may reuse for 2-3 days, as long as ingredients are still fresh.
- Experiment different scents by using other fruits and spices.
Fall Blends: Apples, Pears, Cinnamon, and Cloves.
Christmas Blends: Cranberries, Oranges, Cinnamon, and Rosemary.
HOW TO GIFT POTPOURRI.
- Package ingredients in a jar, basket or cellophane bag. Make sure ingredients are whole and not sliced. Add a tag or notecard with instructions.
- If you would like to gift ready to make potpourri, you may dry your ingredients. Note: This process will add more time. We are sharing this link on how to dry fruit for potpourri — How to Dry Fruit for Potpourri.
MORE TO SHARE.
Below are links to other stovetop potpourri recipes we think you would enjoy. Check them out!